Triumph Over Tragedy: an anthology for the victims of Sandy


This from indiegogo.com:

I am R.T. Kaelin and I am an author.

Seeing the images of Sandy's aftermath was hard, some left me cold inside, others I did not know what I felt. So many needed so much. In past tragedies, I have donated some money to the Red Cross to help, but I’ve always felt like it was inadequate.

“Hey, you lost your home? How awful. Here’s fifty bucks. I gotta hop in my car now, get a cup of coffee and go off to work. What’s that? Your car and job are gone? Ooohh…”

So, this time, I wanted to do something more.

I reached out to fellow writers (who in turn, reached out to more writers) with the idea of putting together an anthology of donated short stories, sell them via eBook, and donate 100% of the proceeds to the Red Cross for relief efforts. As this will take time to put together, I thought trying to raise money now in exchange for the anthology later might be useful. Hence, I am here.

The theme of the anthology is simple: triumph over tragedy. It will contain all sorts of stories: fantasy (traditional or urban), sci-fi, mystery, pulp, romance, action…I don’t much care what goes in it. To me, the more variety, the better as I want this to appeal to as many people as possible. The more readers, the more money to those who need it. My only guidance is that every story be appropriate for all ages.

What We Need & What You Get

We don't need anything. The people in New Jersey and the surrounding areas do. Food, water, power...the things you take for granted until they are gone. To help them, we would like a donation for them.

You will get (when completed) the anthology in whatever eBook format you wish. .mobi, .epub, .pdf. All DRM free (no digital rights management). Authors contributing to this effort to date:

• Michael J. Sullivan
• Bradley Beaulieu
• Maxwell Alexander Drake
• Rick Novy
• Phillip Athans
• Stephen Sullivan
• Jean Rabe
• C.S. Marks
• C.J. Henderson
• Marian Allen
• Bryan Young
• Janine Spendlove
• T.L. Gray
• Tracy Chowdhury
• Miya Kressin
• Steven Saus
• Addie King
• R.T. Kaelin
• Rob Knipe
• Vicki Stegar
• Donald Bingle

The Impact

The people of the northeast are going to need support for months, perhaps years to come. You can help them.
-----------------------------------

Follow this link for more information about the anthology and how you can help. . .

0 commentaires: