THE NAME OF THE WIND about to be released in Europe!

Unless you were stranded on a deserted island, you have indubitably heard of Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind (Canada, USA, Europe). If you haven't, head out to http://www.patrickrothfuss.com/ to see what the fuss is all about!

The Name of the Wind will likely be named the fantasy debut of the year by Yours Truly. And now, Gollancz are about to release the novel in the UK and the rest of Europe. Just a few more days to go before the official pub date.

Give it a shot. Chances are you won't be disappointed!;-)

6 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Yus! I wasn't sure when the european release for 'The Name of the Wind' was going to be sooner or later. Very glad to hear it's sooner :D

IlyaP said...

Oh wow. What an absolutely lovely cover.

Chris, The Book Swede said...

My copy's just been sent out by Amazon - a trifle early, but hey! Good for me :)

It is nice artwork, too.

~Chris
The Book Swede

Homunculus said...

Good to hear this book will arrive in Germany. :)
But I think it will takes some time untill I can read this book.

Rokuro74 said...

"about to be released in Europe" well, aside from the translations of course. A Dutch edition has been in my posession for some time now... :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't wait until pay day. I ordered it and got it on Friday last. Sunday, I sat down with my cuppa tea and began reading it. By Chapter 5 I knew that corrections were not going to get done. (Besides, why not let them wait a couple more days to learn that they failed? Instructions, kids! Read and *follow* the instructions!!!! Sigh.)

I loved the characters from the get-go. As you said, not world building, but character driven and well done at that.

I finished the book around bedtime and was really irritated as well as sniffy that I shall have to wait (how long? a full year?) to know how this continues and then even more time for the ending.

I rarely read a series before it's completed, but now you have me hooked on four.

Might you consider recommending something that is *not* part of a series?

Pat Made Me Read it.