Very special thanks to you, the readers...:-)

Hi there!
At lunch time last Saturday, I decided to add a web counter to this blog. I was curious to know just how many people actually visited the weblog, how many people actually went out of their way to read what I had to say.

I was aware that my traffic had undoubtedly increased of late. I've been posting regularly on wotmania.com, as well as on shadowmarch.com and Robin Hobb's Newsgroup, albeit a little less regularly. Hence, I knew that some members of the communities found on those message boards were probably coming over to sneak a peak at what I was doing. Since most of my posts on wotmania.com attracted between 100 and 200 views, I figured that at least a small percentage of those viewers clicked on the link, even if it was just out of curiosity.

Well, the web counter proved one thing: there is a lot more people than I ever would have believed who are checking things out over here!;-) I have had 170 visitors since the counter was turned on, which is outrageously more than I ever thought possible. And it's not only the number of hits; it's where they are coming from! I was shocked and a little overwhelmed. I mean, Canada and the USA I can understand, although I would not have expected to attract people from the East Coast all the way to Alaska. But Brasil, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, the Fiji Isles, Singapour, Japan, the Czech Republic, Sweden, the UK, and the rest of Europe!!!! WOW!!! I don't know what to say...

I started this blog a little over a month ago. Mainly for the fun of it, with no aspiration for it to ever truly grow to such an extent. But now I realize that a lot of people are tuning in and reading my reviews and articles. I have to admit that it means a lot to me, since I wasn't even aware that I had an audience!;-)

Now that I know that you're keeping an eye on things, I will do my best to keep up what is hopefully the good work!:-) Stay tuned because my review of Robin Hobb's Mad Ship should appear in these parts in a day or two.

Also, I always welcome your interest and your comments. So please feel free to leave me a note, if the mood strikes you!:-) Now that I know that I do have a somewhat vast number of readers, I will be happy to read your thoughts on my reviews and articles.

Thanks again for being here!;-)

Patrick

0 commentaires: